When you're recovering from an injury, one thing your muscles definitely need to help them rebuild and grow strong is some high-quality protein. Here's a quick, flavorful recipe for tuna steaks that are high in protein and low in fat.
- 2 12-oz. fresh tuna steaks (each 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, fresh
- 2 Tbsp. rosemary leaves, fresh
- 2 to 3 tsp. lemon zest (about 1 lemon's worth)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt ( to taste)
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat grill, grill pan, or skillet. Rinse tuna and pat dry. On a cutting board, pile parsley, rosemary, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper together and mince until combined. Drizzle both sides of tuna steaks with oil and rub herb mix into fish. Set aside for 5 minutes to let flavors marry.
Grill steaks 2 minutes on each side for rare or 5 minutes on each side for well done. Cut each steak into two pieces. Makes 4 servings.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 to 10 minutes
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Fat Total 9g
Saturated Fat 2g